Paying rent


Paying rent

When you sign the rental agreement, you can authorise us to automatically debit your rent. We do this on the first business day of each month.

Is there not enough money in your account?
If so, the automatic debit will not go through. Log in to “My SSH& - renting” and pay online with iDEAL or your credit card. You can also manually transfer the money to our bank.

Unable to pay your rent on time?
Contact the Administration department as soon as possible. It is often possible to agree on a payment arrangement or to postpone your payment. This is free of charge. 

International student (shortstay)

Are you an international Short Stay student of the HAN University of Applied Sciences (HAN) or Radboud University (RU) or Van Hall Larenstein University (VHL)? 

All payments and payment methods can be done or set up on once you’ve received your log in information. You will receive all necessary information on the day your rental agreement starts. 

Open a Dutch bank account
Most foreign students open a Dutch bank account and set up a direct debit mandate, so we can automatically deduct the rent every first workday of the month. You can open an account at every bank you wish; the following are the three most well-known banks which all have an own app and internet banking in English: Rabobank, ABN Amro and ING Bank.

Direct debit mandate of your own (foreign) account
You can also set up a direct debit mandate on your own (foreign) account, as long as the account is in a SEPA country and SEPA direct debit is supported. You can check whether your account is eligible here.

Monthly invoice
If no direct debit mandate is set up, you’ll receive a monthly invoice by email appr. one week before the rent is due. On you can pay the rent online as soon as you’ve received the invoice. You can do this with iDeal, credit card and PayPal.

Manual transfer
You can also pay the amount by a manual transfer. To reduce transfer fees, we suggest you use, as we’ve found it to be a fast, cheap, easy to use and reliable service to transfer money abroad. When manually transferring the rent, please always mention your tenant code which is stated in the invoice.